Music 1

Friday, April 13, 2012

It`s quieter here.

Thank goodness Semana Santa is over!
Que Tal? How is everyone doing? So yes Semana Santa is over. It was the biggest party I have ever seen. Semana Santa in Guatemala means EVERYONE goes to the beach. It just so happens that my area is the most common place to go in Guatemala. Semana Santa in the states means Spring Break! So there were a TON of young (hot) college students down here ready to party and have a fun time. Needless to say, it was hectic, like beyond hectic. I got to do divisions in Puerto San Jose on Friday and it was so crazy. There were even big concerts here like DJ OZ and Nacho and Chino. But the biggest was Daddy Yankee the Reggeton Singer came over and it was packed. It was in the same place that LMFAO was so we could hear his music too from the house. Thank goodness it is over.

Unfortunately, the week was kinda hard because of Semana Santa so there was like NOBODY in their house this week because everyone had either left or was working. So the week was a bit tough but we were still able to have success here. We are working with a couple families and I`ll keep you guys updated about them as the time goes on. Right now we are working with the niñas of Familia Estrada because they both want to get baptized and the parents want them to get baptized too. So hopefully we will have baptisms soon!! We are also working with the Familia Marroquin. The mother is a member and got baptized recently and so did her children. But her husband is not a member so we are working with them. They are so nice and really great.

Another fun thing that happened this week was that yesterday, we went to Antigua! YAY!!!! I love Antigua! It is gorgeous and it is dripping with cultural history and stories. It's amazing. I bought a couple fun things. I`ll share the pics with you. I really had a great time there and it was kind of nice to get out of the heat for a little bit. We went up to this giant cross that overlooks antigua. We also took pics in front of this giant Catholic Church. It was awesome.

So I also celebrated my birthday last week. In fact, I think I emailed ON my birthday if im not mistaken. Yes its true. Afterwards, we went to eat lunch at a members house (Familia Rodriguez) and they had boughten me a cake. So nice of them. So it was great to celebrate with them.  I can't believe I'm 20 though. Weird. Anyway. I appreciate all your support and everything. I really do. Its also crazy that I completed 10 months this past Sunday. Only 2 more and I'm halfway done. That's crazy. I feel like I just entered the MTC. Ha! That was almost a year ago. Where does the time go?

Anyway. I love you all and pray for you. Keep doing good and being awesome. I can't wait to see each and every one of you. Just a couple months left. Well I love you and I`ll talk to you soooooooon!!!

Love,
Elder Yates
 
Elder Yates and Elder Gonzalez in Antigua

Elder Yates and Elder Gonzalez in Antiqua



Elder Yates on his Birthday




 

No comments:

Post a Comment