Music 1

Monday, December 26, 2011

I need to buy a maca‏

or in other words, a hammock, why? Because I got sent to the coast!!!!!!!!!

I HAD CHANGES THIS WEEK!!!!! So crazy. There are 3 different places I could have gone: the capital where I was, the mountains, or the beloved coast.  I got sent to the coast!!! How crazy is that! My area is Escuintla. It's right on the coast and my area, Puerta De Hierro, is literally on the beach. We can see the beach from the roof. And its so cool! Fun fact: all the beaches in Guatemala have black sand. Weird huh? Anyway so my area is great. It's a different chage of pace though. The people in the capital are always working and have stuff to do, but the people here have nothing to do but just lounge around all day! Every house has a hammock or two on the front porch and they just go outside and drink piña juice and just chill. So it's very different, but, I'm getting used to it. We only have a branch here! Its not a ward....yet. We´re working on it. We have a couple baptisms lined up this month and next so I´ll keep you all updated.
 
So, a little more about my area. There is the coast, and then there is THE COAST: Escuintla is all on the coast. Every area, except 2, are about 35 minutes landward. It's like Penasquitos copmpared to Coronado. My area and the area next to ours, Puerto San Jose, is right on the beach. Because of this, it is the HOTTEST area in all the mission, like seriously, it is SO HOT! I sweat just from sitting down, it's crazy, but I love it. It's so cool. Puerto San Jose is the busiest port in all of Guatemala and a lot of cruise ships dock there, so look at pictures online and maybe you can get a taste of my new area.
 
As for my new companion, his name is Elder Porter, sounds like a gringo name huh? oh wait, HE IS GRINGO! I have a gringo companion! He is from Mesa Arizona. It's cool. We talk English, well I TRY to talk English. It's hard hahaha. We get along really well and we are working hard in our area. It's great. So I'm happy. :) like that. 
 
Well I love all of you bastante and love all your support. If you´re reading this right now, I love you. Individually, I love you. You are the best. Keep being the best and doing super cool awesome things, because you´re great. Know that I love you and will be home in less that a year and a half to give you a great big hug. :) LOVE YOU!!!!
 
Love,
Elder Yates
 
Elder Yates at the beach


The Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment