Music 1

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feliz año nuevo!

I am living in a toursity area I found out this week! Tons and tons of gringos passed through my area to go to the beach! My area is super hot and people want to celebrate in the heat! Also this week, there were a couple concerts in my area that many tourists came to. Nothing too big but maybe you guys have heard of LMFAO and Lady Gaga? Idk. But they both came to my area for the New Year. We could actually see part of the concert from the roof of our house. It was pretty cool. But because of that, our area has been super busy. Also Don Omar came who is a big singer in Latin America. I've never heard of him but many of the members here were goo goo crazy about him. So, that was pretty interesting.
 
As for our investigators, Hermana Juana got baptized this past weekend!! On December 31 she was baptized by her boyfrined Abinadí! Everything went great except that we started an hour and a half late. But thats Chapin (guatemalan) time for ya. But everything went great, and then on the first of January, she was confirmed! It went great too.

As for our other investigators, Nancy is still working hard so she can get baptized too, but the problem is, she still doesn't have permission from her parents to get married. So, we are going to work with her this week and hopefully we can change the mind of her parents so that she can get married and baptized this coming week. We have a lesson with her tonight so we will let you know how that goes.

Our last investigators Kevin and Rosario are still planning on getting married and baptized on the 15th of this month. They are awesome. Rosario is sooooo awesome and is ready for baptism. Kevin is ready too, but he just has a harder time remembering certain gospel things, so that is why my companion and I made the sheets so he can have help remembering. We´re so creative. And yes, we realize that it looks like sister missionaries made them, but whatever it takes to help an investigator right? :)

Thank you for all your support. I love my friends with all my heart. You guys are awesome, seriously, you are. Have a happy new year and make awesome resolutions to better yourselves, that is a reason we have new years (I'm assuming) - to better ourselves! So set those resolutions and do them! Don't be un-awesome, instead, be awesome! :) I love you all and miss you and pray for you everyday. Only 17 months left!

Love, Elder Yates
 
Juana's Baptism

Study Guides


Branch Christmas Party

 


No comments:

Post a Comment