Music 1

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I don´t think Guatemala makes clouds in the coast.

Because there aren't any, EVER!  Anyway, Greetings! How is everyone doing? Awesome I hope, because you deserve to be awesome. Anyways, so my companions brother is in the MTC right now and his brother was there over Christmas and his teacher gave him this poem and then he shared with Elder Porter and then Elder Porter shared it with me. I thought you might like it mother. It isn't totally applicable but I still like it a lot.
A missionary Christmas - Author Unknown
I skipped the sales after thanksgiving. The thrill just wasn´t there.
No pictures taken with Santa Clause, my decorating has no flair.
His presents are shoes, shirts and ties; a belt and stamps.....no fun.
I´ve bought him all these clothes because.....
This year I´m giving Christ my son.
I´ve spent more time in the temple, my testimony stirred.
I´ve reread Novembers ensign, felt the strength come from His words.
Our family prays more frequently, my tears are quick to run.
Abraham seems closer because,
This year I´m giving Christ my son.
I wonder how those Lamanite Mothers gave their sons to war?
Or how the pioneers chose Zion, their sacrifice was so much more.
My loss will be his presence, I´ll miss his smile a ton.
For two years we will pray for him,
I´m giving Christ my son.
I stare at his face while he´s not looking.
I memorize his eyes, their shine.
He´s always hungered for the part of Him that makes his soul divine.
The stories and lessons he always heard, his choice and mine are one.
I´ll put my faith God´s hands. This year,
I´m giving Christ my son.
I know there´s one who understands the sacrifice I'm making.
Who knows the gift I willingly give, the toll it will be taking.
For He has done it all before - greater love there could be none.
For years ago God gave it to me,
His only begotten Son.
The hands I washed, the hands I held, the hands I taught to pray;
Now knock on doors to find the ones who will listen to what he´ll say.
Because I know Christ needs him, until all the gathering is done.
My gift has taken years to make.
This year......I´m giving Christ my son.
So what do ya think? You like it? I really liked it. It is very powerful poem, so I hope you liked it.
So Nancy this week did NOT get baptized :(((( Her mother did not give the permission to get married and Nancy refused to move out of her house with her boyfriend. It´s so sad!!! I hate that. But its for a reason. We think it was to test the faith and determination of Nancy to see if she would move out and unfortunately she didn't. But I am going to continue to pray for her.
The goal for January is going good. Right now we have 48 baptisms and and ton more dates to get baptized this month. President thinks we will be able to fufill the goal and so this week we had a zone conference and he talked to us about pride. It's true that many of the missionaries are getting kinda prideful. So as a mission we definitely need to work on that. I learned a lot and it was really good.
Not too much else is new here. We are still on schedule to have the baptisms of Kevin and Rosario as well as their wedding this coming Sunday. So pray for them please! They are so awesome though. For realsies. They are great. We just need to get everything ready so all they have to do is show up on Sunday and get married and then get baptized. We wanted them to get married on Saturday but he works everyday and so he can't that day, so Sunday it is. We are here to accomodate. :)
Anyways. So thats about all this week. A huge giant cruise ship just pulled into the port yesterday so there are a ton of gringos here again doing touristy stuff. But its fine. haha. Kinda weird that I'm living in such a huge tourist part of the world, but its kinda cool.
Alrighty, I better go. I have a feeling that next email to you is going to be pretty cool. Just take my word for it. So tune in next week because you won't want to miss what happens. I love you all and I will talk to you soon!!!!! :)
Love,
Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment