Music 1

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A la gran.‏

 Hello everyone! How is everyone doing this week? Good? Good. Well, there was an earthquake this week! When you ask? Why about 9 minutes ago. :) My computer screen shook and my chair moved but the building is still standing so no harm done. Anyway, this week has been good. Tons of rain. The streets flooded 3 times this week! Oh my heck! Rain, rain go away and come back NEVER! Actually I´m getting used to it. It's not that bad. I have to carry an umbrella (or in spanish, una sombria) with me everywhere, even if we leave the house and its sunny and warm. There is a good chance it will rain on those days, and it does, but its alright. Rain is good.

Also this week we had 9 investigators attend sacrament meeting!!! YAYYY!!! So awesome. Including Alma and Lorenzo. They were at church before Elder Lagos and I were! They are awesome. We have scheduled this week their wedding on Wednesday and their baptism on Sunday so pray that everything goes great! And pray that I catch the bouquet! (actually don't,  I´m a missionary and I cant get married for another 21.5 months). But I´m so excited for them!

Also the familia Ralack is going good too. He still needs to talk to his soon to be ex wife about a divorce though. We are working hard with them and so I ask for your prayers for them too! I know Heavenly Father want them to get married and baptized so I know somehow we´ll find a way to make it work.

We found a couple new investigators this week too so wish us luck for them! The members here have been awesome and been giving us references to their friends and neighbors! I love the ward here! They are so awesome.

And here is a little Guatemalan culture for everyone. The drivers here are the worst I have ever seen. (yes, even worse than Utah.) and I have come to realize that the rules of driving here are to get from point A to point B anyway possible. It doesn't matter how many people you cut off, how fast you drive, how many pedestrians you almost hit, and it even doesn't matter if you drive in the correct lane. People here will drive into on coming traffic if necessary. So just keep that in mind if you ever visit Guatemala. Ttake a taxi. They drive crazy too but they can at least get you to where you need to be. I love Guatemala.

Well everyone, that's about it for this week. I just handed my Zone Leaders a handful of letters so be expecting one soon. I haven't had time to write ALL of you which I am going to work on tomorrow. Well much love and stay awesome. Keep praying and reading your scriptures. Don't ask questions. JUST DO IT! :) please.

Love,
Elder Yates.

ps. another earthquake just happened! should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment