Music 1

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rise and Shout‏

The cougars are out! And now there is one more cougar in the neighborhood! Congrats Ryan!! :)

Good day everyone. Hope everyone is doing fantastical. So this week was kind of a quiet week but many great things happened. Let me explain.
First, Arcy wanted to change her baptism and marriage date to the 3rd and 4th of March. My companion and I felt like that was too far away. It leaves Satan wayyyy to much time to try and get in their lives and create trouble. So we brought the president of the branch with us and told him our dilemma. I was afraid that if I tried to talk them out of it they might not listen because we are young missionaries that don't know anything. So I figured if we brought maybe somebody with a little bit of authority, they may listen. And listen they did. The President of the branch suggested that they change the date to the 25th and 26th of this month, OR this coming weekend! So we are planning a baptism for this weekend! It should be great. I'm so excited and I am praying that everything goes well.
So on Saturday we had a great experience. Almost all of our lessons were falling through. We would show up and they wouldn't be home. We even went to one guys house and he told us that he didn't have time because his work just called him and told him that he had to come in so he had to leave, 5 minutes later we saw him at a bar with his homies drinking a beer. So we were pretty disanimated that nobody wanted to hear us. We contacted a lot and weren't having much luck. Except one lady who invited us in to try and convince us how wrong we were about our religion. So I was pretty frustrated that we were doing the things we were supposed to be doing and we weren't having any success. But we kept knocking, and knocking, and knocking. Then we knocked one house and they invited us right in. They are the familia Valonsuela. They don't go to a church right now. They have talked to the missionaries before, they have even attended church before and really liked it! WE invited themto come with us Sunday to our district conference (its like stake conference, but for branches) and the mother came! The dad was supposed to come but had to stay and guard the house because apparently their neighbors like to steal things when they leave. But I learned a great lesson that day. They Lord always knows what we are going through and LOVES to bless us, but only through a couple trials first. He likes to test our faith and then reward us. And a reward we received with this family. They are great. I´ll keep you guys updated about them.
As for District conference, it went great! President Amado of the Seventy came and talked as well as our Mission President and his wife. They all spoke great. President Amado spoke about spiritual experiences and how they are everywhere, we just have to stop and see them. Many times these experiences are right in front of us and we don't even notice them. But the Lord touches our lives everyday and sometimes we don't even pay attention. I know I´m guilty of this. But, that is the love He has for us. Even when we don't notice the things He does for us, He still continues to do them. It's great. I love this gospel.
Well friends and family, that's about it. Another week over. One week less till I can hug all of you :) Keep being awesome. Enjoy the snow. Save some for me because it is HOT here. Like really hot. I love you all and pray for you all the time. I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!
Love,
Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment