Music 1

Sunday, March 4, 2012

At last....

Wow! This past week has been one of the hardest of my mission but also the most spiritually rewarding. Let me explain:

Yes! We had the marriage and baptism of Arcy but it was far from easy. First, we had the date set for the 26th of Febraury, but we went by on Wednesday to finalize everything. We got their wedding planned and then I asked when she wanted to do her interview for her baptism. She didn't answer. I asked if she still wanted to get baptized. She said yes, but right now, no. She said it would be better to wait a while. In other words, she changed her date and I didn't have a clue as to why. I left the lesson confused and mad and tired and sad and a mixture of emotions because we had been working so hard for her to get baptized this month. Thursday came around and we learned the reason she wanted to wait was becuase she wanted Raul to baptize her. But Raul couldn't baptize her because he was a return missionary that had relations with her before marriage. So he needed to repent first. And that was going to take months. So Friday we planned on going back one more time to try and get her to be baptized on the 26th. We planned on going with the Branch President, but Satan was working extra hard and the branch presidents son (who is 2 months) got sick so he couldn't go with us. So we were flying solo.

So we go and explain that Raul couldn't baptize her and thats why we thought it would be better to get baptized as soon as possible so that they can get sealed in the temple sooner and be blessed sooner. Raul even tried to tell her to do it this Sunday. But she wasn't having any of it. She wanted to wait one week at least. I didn't know what to do. I had prayed. I had fasted. I had worried sick over her so that she could be baptized in Febraury. I was lost. What was I doing wrong? Or was it even me? Was it just not her time? Or was Satan getting a grasp on her? I just didn't know what I could do as a missionary to get her baptized the soonest possible because she was finally living the commandments and had been listening to the missionaries since last July. I was so confused. But I decided to just trust in the Lord that he knew best. That maybe she wasn't going to get baptized this month, but that at least she would get baptized.

The next day was their wedding. It went great. They both looked great and a lot of the branch showed up to support them. Afterward, I was cleaning up a bit and mopping when Arcy came up and told me that she had changed her mind and that she wanted to get baptized on Sunday!!! I was SOOOOO relieved. She had made the right decision. So we ran home and called the district leader and the next day she had her interview and was baptized. And not a day too late.

The Lord has really blessed me this week. I needed this experience to strengthen my faith and love for the Savior. He always listens to our pleas and prayers and blesses us when we have been obedient. I worried all over the place for her and the blessing just wasn't there. But it was. The whole time. The Lord blessed us for our diligence and obedience and for that I am eternally grateful. I love my Savior with all my heart because He loves me with all of his. What a great week.

Other than that, nothing really happened. We went on divisions again but this time I went to Puerto San Jose with Elder Vallejos from Coasta Rica. It was great. Well I'm going to wrap up so I can send pictures. I love all of you with all my heart. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Elder Yates
Elder Vargas, Raul, Arcy, Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment