Music 1

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!

Puchica. It's Thanksgiving already?! The year is almost over!! AHHHH!!!

HEY!! So Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What a great day we have to remember all the many blessings God has given to us - by eating a ton of food! Best holiday ever! Haha. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here in Guatemala serving these people. I am grateful for the blessings I have in my life. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity to learn spanish. I am grateful for my religion and all that it brings. I am grateful to be an American. I am grateful for everything! Everything is a blessing! How blessed we are. Everything that God has given us is a blessing. We have so many blessings! I invite you to think about all the blessings you have and to thank God for them! All of them you can think of! It will be a rewarding experieence. I promise :)
 
This past week has been good. To answer your questions, the earthquake didn't really do anything in our area, just shook it up a bit. So there hasn't been any opportunities for service or anything like that. But right now we are teaching a family named Familia Valles. They are really great. The mother, Maria, is very pilas and has already come to church with her kids. For her, God is the most important thing in her life, even though she doesn't even have a religion. she is looking for a stable church that she can attend every week that has great lessons for her children. After going once, she wants to get married to her husband and get baptized. Her husband on the other hand, Rodolfo, is a bit more hesitant. He likes to sort things out and think them through. So our biggest challenge is with him right now. But we have faith that things will go good.
 
Me and Elder Finch are working extra hard. This change is a week shorter because of Christmas but that doesn't mean we cant have the same success. Congrats on all the mission calls! Missionary work is the best. Everyone in the world should be a missionary because they will learn so much and have an awesome adventure! If its the Lords will, they may even get to learn a new language: a lifelong blessing. Take advantage of the opportunity God has given us to serve him! Missionary work is the most important thing in the church. Just pray and ask God if that is what you should do. I promise you will receive an answer. :)
 
I love you all so much and hope you have the best Thanksgiving ever! keep Christ in your thoughts and eat a ton of food. And think of me too!! And don't forget to laugh everyday!

Elder Yates
 
Making Tortillas

Tortillas

District Meeting

Cool Pic

Turkey Hats
 

No comments:

Post a Comment