Music 1

Friday, February 22, 2013

I left 2, and got 3!

So about 2 weeks ago, President Brough gave Elder Acosta and I another missionary named Elder Gomez from Honduras who was having some companion problems and told us to kill him the following 2 weeks. So we did :) The past week, my companion(s) and I have gotten up at 4:30 everyday and we had 70 lessons, 65 new investigators and 1018 contacts over the course of the week. Needless to say, we were all pretty tired but at least Elder Acosta finished his mission strong. (he flies home tomorrow!!) So we show up to change meeting and I receive my new companion (Elder Montero from Peru) and then we both receive ANOTHER companion! We are both senior companions to 2 other missionaries. His companion is Elder Maldonado from Guatemala City (waiting for his visa to go to Mexico) and my companion is Elder Garcia from Peru. So right now we are 4 missionaries living in the same house. I leave now everyday with Elder Garcia and Elder Montero leaves everyday with Elder Maldonado. They are all Latins so no English for me! But it's good and it's going to be so good for the area. We are going to destroy the area!

Elder Finch stayed in Santa Elena and is still training but he went up to District Leader. pilas!! And my trainer, Elder Lagos went home! haha. How crazy. He was a good father. I learned lots and lots from him.

So that was about it for our week. We just worked really hard and then had changes. So it has been a good week. Escuintla is doing good. It's getting hotter and hotter. All of the sudden President sends me to the mountains to suffer haha. But I would really like to go. I hope I go there, but we'll have to see. Thanks for everything. This week, read Alma 60 and 61. Moroni writes a (very, very, very, very, very) strong letter Pahoran and how does Pahoran respond? Out of humility. What a great example. We need to be more humble like Pahoran so that we solve the problems instead of causing more. Like the scriptures say, humble ourselves to the dust, that's my goal this week. Anyway, keep reading your scriptures and laugh everyday. I love you and will see you very, very soon!

Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment