Music 1

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where did July go?

I could have sworn that it JUST started!

HEY! I hope everyone is doing super dandy. This week has been kind of rough to be honest. But I have grown alot as a missionary and I am seeing the hand of God everyday in the little things, what a blessing.
 
We have had a ton of contacts lined up this past week of people that told us that we could go by and teach. Almost ALL of them fell through. and on top of that, this past Sunday was an ALL day thunderstorm from the second we left the house to the second I laid down to sleep. The streets flooded and I got soaked and NOBODY would let us in the house. It was rough, believe me, but worth it. My comp and I are sure it was a test of faith and our faith was UNshaken! The Church is true! :)
 
We were also planning on having the baptism of Marta this past week but she STILL hasn't given up smoking. I can't even imagine an addiction so strong. She is really battling this and we are here to help her every step of the way. She is great though. She is even inviting her friends to listen to us now and asks us to visit everyone she knows! So she has been a real blessing. Once she can leave cigarettes for good, she is golden!

This sunday we are planning a baptism for a man named Furjencio. He is a humble sweet man that knows the church is true and wants to get baptized. We have been having problems though with WHEN. We have talked a lot and finally put the date for this coming weekend because the goal for the month is 204 baptisms as a mission and we are ALMOST there! Just a few more and we have made the goal.
 
Everything is going great here. I am learning more everyday and loving everything here more and more. I am almost 100% Guatemalteco and I have no shame in that :) The Guatamalans are a great people and I have been so blessed to serve them. I love them forever and ever. This opportunity is the best ever. Thankfully I still have quite a bit of time left to serve, work hard, and baptize! I love you all very much and I appreciate the support. Please keep it up! I love you all and I am thankful you are my friends. I will see you all sooooon!!!!
 
Love,
Elder Yates
 
Chillin'

Elder Yates and the fog

Elder Yates and Furjencio

Eating as a district

Making Valiadas

Making Tortillas

Elder Yates and Elder Owens
 

No comments:

Post a Comment